This year Hand & Lock celebrate 250 years of embroidery excellence.
You can join them for a once in a lifetime opportunity at the London Embroidery Conference which will be held at the Bishopsgate Institute on 12th and 13th July 2017.
Expert embroiderers, speakers and teachers from around the world will meet over the two days to discuss embroidery past and future.
Discover the origins of embroidery techniques and how they have changed. Working designers and embroiderers will share their experiences of embroidery on the 21st century.
Network with embroidery specialists and discover the future of this wonderful art.
Speakers at the event Include:
• Haute Couture Embroidery Designer, Justine Avril
• Senior Curators of the Imperial War Museum, Alan Jeffreys and Martin Boswell
• Fashion Historian, Amber Butchart
• Principal Costume Embroiderer on Game of Thrones, Michele Carragher
• Artistic Director of the Embroiderers’ Guild, Anthea Godfrey
• Director of the Textile Research Centre, Dr Gillian Vogelsang-Eastwood
• Trend Forecaster, Geraldine Wharry
Visit the Hand & Lock website to find out more and book tickets.