The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) stipulates that we must provide individuals with details of how we collect, use & store personal information.
This privacy notice incorporates all changes effective from 25th May 2018 and replaces and previous privacy notices issued by Maire Curtis Bespoke Embroidery, Etsy Lakeland Studio.
In essence this means there is no real change on our part. We take your privacy as seriously as we always have done and never use your information for purposes other than that required in our dealings with you.
How we collect your information
* Orders placed directly with us or via our online stores
* From third parties such as designers or studios involved in the manufacture of your bespoke items.
What information may we collect?
* Your contact details including name, address, telephone numbers and e.mail address.
* Physical measurements required in creating bespoke items.
* Details of any third party involved in the processing of an order.
We use this information for the legitimate purposes of;
* Recording details of designs, workshops or sales.
* Processing of payments and issuing of invoices
* Communication with you.
* Issuing of certificates.
* Complying with our legal obligations
* Performing essential business functions
How we store your information
* We store information securely in both electronic and paper format.
We take a number of steps to make sure your information is secure including physically restricted access as well as electronic, technical and procedural safeguards.
How long will Maire Curtis Lakeland Studio keep your information?
Records are kept for 7 years from the date of invoice/processing of payment/quotation.
What are your rights regarding your personal information?
* You may request at any time details of the information we hold about you on file which we will supply to you usually within one working week or up to a maximum of 3 working weeks.
* Request correction or deletion of personal data.
Please note that if we cannot process your personal information it may affect our ability to provide the service you expect.
* You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if your privacy rights are infringed or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any rights under UK law that you have with regard to your personal information then please contact;
Data Privacy Officer
Maire Curtis Bespoke Embroidery
5 High Buildings
Routine Information Collection
Many web servers, websites track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. The information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with GDPR 2018
- Any information given via this site will be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
Controlling Your Privacy
Please note that a number of adverts appear throughout this site. Many of these are served by a third party and as such we have little control over them or what information they may collect or display. We display the adverts in good faith and as an additional service for our readers.
We are not responsible for external websites or endorse any claims made. Please consult the privacy policies of the external websites for further information.